Pixel Toys are looking for an AWS Dev Ops Engineer to help us create an on-demand image rendering farm.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting team at a critical time in the projects’ development and work to push the limits of the latest web gaming technology.
As an important member of the team, you will be responsible for working with the technical and creative leads to take the vision for our product from concept to completion. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the best web experience possible.
As a candidate for this role, you are expected to have 2 or more years of professional experience, having worked across a wide variety of dev ops technologies. Importantly you must also be self-motivating, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard.
- Design and deploy scalable, highly available, secure, and fault tolerant systems.
- Focus on building Dockerized application components by integrating with AWS ECS.
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes on AWS.
- Experience of creating and managing custom AMIs and their lifecycles on EC2.
- Experience and understanding of setting up ALBs and other associate load balancing tech.
- Work closely with developers to implement continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS.
- Demonstrable experience implementing solutions that adhere to the Well Architected Framework guidelines
- Experience implementing IAM roles following the Principle of Least Privilege.
- Set up monitoring and alerting solutions to manage instances in a Autoscaling group via CloudWatch
- Understands Global DB offerings and how to manage and secure them such as Dynamo and Aurora
- Informally train and share AWS knowledge within the team.
Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- 2+ years provisioning, operating, and managing AWS environments
- AWS Certification(s) such as Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, SysOps Admin, Developer Associate.
- Demonstrated competency with most of the following AWS services: ECS / Fargate, EC2, EBS, S3, Glacier, RDS, VPC, Route53, ELB, IAM, CloudFront, CloudFormation or Terraform, CloudWatch, SQS, SES, Lambda / Edge.
- Understanding of the Linux operating system and networking concepts.
- Experience with multi-tier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases, and networking.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure in AWS.
- Experience with one or more AWS SDKs and/or CLI.
- Experience in automation and testing via scripting & programming.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Agile development experience.
- A positive personality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for making games and solving technical problems.
Why Apply To Pixel Toys
We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- work in a friendly and flexible environment
- help define the studio culture and values
- contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team-building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- relocation package for non-UK residents