3D Artist / Generalist
Pixel Toys are looking for a talented 3D artist to help us create wonderful, entertaining games, with high-end graphics, built for mobile platforms. As one of the core members of the team you will be responsible for working with the creative leads and the art team to take the vision for our games from concept to completion. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable game possible.
As a candidate for the 3D Artist role you are expected to have had at least 1 published games experience within a similar role in the industry, working on the creation of 3D game assets within that role. Consistency, clarity and flair are key and we expect to see this in your work throughout. We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and talent for creating great artwork.
- Responsible for the creation of fantastic 3D and occasional 2D art assets for in line with the agreed art style guides.
- Ensuring art assets are optimised for use in our game engines, being particularly mindful of performance and memory constraints.
- Self testing of assets and validating that they meet the technical budgets laid out by the game engine.
- Being a passionate active member of the art team, contributing ideas, concepts and technical solutions that will help build great games.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates excellent 3D skills, with particular focus on environment and character work.
- A passion to drive quality and be part of delivering best in class results.
- Proven drawing and layout skills that illustrate your ability to convey ideas and concepts to stakeholders.
- Up to date and comprehensive knowledge of Autodesk Maya (or other relevant 3D content creation packages) and Photoshop.
- Experience of game development in Unity.
- Ability with sculpting packages such as ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Knowledge of texture/material creation pipelines in Substance
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga & nutritionally balanced
snacks and health foods)
- Flexi-time working hours
- 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
- Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- A warm, modern office environment – tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
- Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
- And a chance to shape and grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys
Pixel Toys is a diverse, equal opportunities employer and believes strongly in maintaining an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We strive to provide an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and join in driving our joint success. Recruitment selection is based on skills, experience and a good Pixel Toys mission and values fit.