Role: c# Backend Programmer
Location: Leamington Spa
Type: Full-time Role
We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and a talent for supporting teams and delivering quality code and systems.
As part of our backend team, you will work with team leads to provide robust software solutions for the server code to enable teams to deliver great online multiplayer games with best in class social integrations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Create technical designs and implement the key backend systems used in current and future titles.
- Work on account management, analytics, data storage and backend services.
- Defining data formats and communication protocols between the client and server systems.
- Working with other teams to ensure they build systems that interface with network systems APIs appropriately.
- Writing robust server code to support fun, engaging multiplayer gameplay.
- Help to develop robust APIs to interface with Social / Network systems.
- Experience with developing and delivering live service updates.
- Interfacing with Social APIs (Game Center, Google Play, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Backend Services (Analytics, Purchasing, AWS, GameSparks, etc)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in software engineering with a focus on backend services.
- A good understanding of network APIs, server architectures, and data storage formats including database design.
- A positive and outgoing personality
- The ability to work together in a team environment and being self-driven, proactive and focused
- A passion for playing and making games
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience with iOS, Android, Facebook and other Platform / Social APIs
- Experience setting up and maintaining AWS systems
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga & nutritionally balanced
snacks and health foods)
- Flexi-time working hours
- 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
- Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- A warm, modern office environment – tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
- Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
- And a chance to shape and grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys