Words from the hiring manager:
“This is an amazing opportunity to join our awesome and talented team, just in time for our next big global release. One that combines cutting edge tech, game and product design, and a long established worldwide IP with tons of awesome characters.
Our team is highly motivated and dedicated to delivering the very best results in a supportive, agile, goals oriented environment, while maintaining a healthy work/life balance. With regular body and mind focused activities, social events and goodies.
Experience is what we’re looking for, but we’ll also consider your application if you can prove to us that you have what we need. So if you love working with great people, are passionate and experienced in RPG character design, apply today and help us deliver career defining results!”
Pixel Toys is seeking a versatile and highly experienced Principle Game Designer to own the design of our character kits and wider team meta for our upcoming RPG game.
As the primary designer responsible for overseeing character kit development on the project, you’ll work with other designers and the product leadership, as well as with our development partners, to establish a strong character meta that is fun engaging and delivers on our key business goals.
Character meta is a massive aspect of any RPG game, but especially so here. We are looking for a highly motivated designer and natural leader with experience in balancing character RPG games and kit creation, as well as someone that can branch out into other adjacent design needs to help craft a complete and engaging experience around the core gameplay and character meta.
What you need:
- Experience and advanced expertise creating free-to-play games for F2P projects at meaningful scale.
- Extensive experience working on character collection RPGs and/or strategy titles.
- Advanced expertise in game economies, game balance, and content design.
- Experience inventing, developing, and refining new game feature designs.
- Experience balancing character meta for a PVP/PVE character-based RPG title.
- Excellent communication and ability to work as part of a leadership team in a multiple location team model.
What you will do:
- Become the ultimate expert on the game as related to the character economy and meta around the core of the gameplay experience.
- Design and document standards of practice for kit creation, game balance, moment-to-moment gameplay, abilities and other key core gameplay components.
- Review and supervise feature development, driving high quality execution around your area of focus.
- Advise on the creation of the game’s content, characters, fights, and rewards.
- Devise feature and content strategies which create a healthy game lifecycle.
- Drive evaluation and iteration of existing designs to maximise their potential.
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga & workouts; nutritionally balanced snacks and health foods)
- Flexi-time working hours
- Up to two days a week working from home
- 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
- Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- A warm, modern office environment – tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
- Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
- And a chance to shape, grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys
Pixel Toys is a diverse, equal opportunities employer and believes strongly in maintaining an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We strive to provide an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and join in driving our joint success. Recruitment selection is based on skills, experience and a good Pixel Toys mission and values fit.