Pixel Toys is looking for an experienced/senior c# backend programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games with next-gen backend for games running on mobile devices.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting team at a critical time in the projects’ development and work to push the limits of the latest mobile and tablet hardware.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on developing key systems in the server codebase of the game and will be actively involved in working with discipline leads in setting standards and defining budgets. You will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment and add your ideas into the mix to create the most sophisticated and easy-to-use back-end systems for game development.
As a candidate for the experienced/senior c# backend programmer role, you are expected to have proven experience within a similar role, with broad experience working across a wide variety of systems on the backend, clouds systems and distributed systems for games on mobile devices. You will be in a pivotal role where you can help shape the systems design, selection of services we use and the architecture and components we choose to build alongside them to support our games.
We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and a talent for supporting teams and delivering quality code and systems.
Importantly you must also be self-motivated, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard.
You will also need a genuine passion for games.
- Create technical designs and implement the key backend systems used in current and future titles.
- Work on account management, analytics, data storage and backend services.
- Defining data formats and communication protocols between the client and server systems.
- Working with other teams to ensure they build systems that interface with network systems APIs appropriately.
- Writing robust server code to support fun, engaging multiplayer gameplay.
- Help to develop robust APIs to interface with Social / Network systems.
- Ensuring code and feature quality and stability.
- Ideally 3+ years of professional experience working in games development as a backend developer.
- At least 1 shipped game.
- Professional C# programming experience.
- Worked with backend services (e.g. Analytics, Purchasing, AWS, GameSparks, etc)
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies.
- Experience in prototyping and rapid iteration of features.
- Agile development experience.
- A positive personality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for making games and solving technical problems.
We’ll be really pleased if you have:
- Experience with Unity.
- Experience in JS, Angular, Python, Bash and other scripting languages.
- Experience in developing on iOS and knowledge of the Apple development ecosystem.
- Experience in developing on Android and knowledge of the Google development ecosystem.
- Experience with Git and associated clients.
Why Apply To Pixel Toys
We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- work in a friendly and flexible environment
- help define the studio culture and values
- contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team-building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- relocation package for non-UK residents