Pixel Toys are looking for a Multiplayer Gameplay Programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games, with high-end graphics, targeting a range of hardware including VR platforms. Working on our latest projects, you will be working within our world-class team working with our creative leads and the art team to take the vision for our games from concept to completion. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable game possible.
As a candidate for this role, you will have worked across a wide variety of game systems on at least 2 shipped titles in an experienced (or above) position or having progressed from a junior position with extensive experience. Importantly you must also be self-motivating, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard.
We’re looking for someone passionate and driven who will contribute ideas, support the team, and be a keen problem solver.
- Building high quality networked gameplay experiences
- Ensure networked gameplay logic is robust and mitigates problems related to lag, packet loss, jitter, prediction and state replication
- Prototyping gameplay mechanics for review and iteration.
- Create gameplay systems suitable for automated testing including bot players and/or app/menu flow navigators
- Contribute to the design and implementation of AI systems.
- Implement animation, audio, and visual effect systems.
- Creating usable tooling and pipelines to empower art and design teams.
- Ensuring good clean project practices are maintained.
- Profiling and optimizing critical code.
- Promote usage of new technologies where applicable.
- Perform code reviews and give feedback.
- Expert knowledge of Unity.
- Professional C# programming experience.
- Worked on several shipped games/products at least one using Unity
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies.
- Experience of Gameplay programming with a focus on Animation and AI systems.
- Proven track record of delivery of high-quality gameplay in synchronous multiplayer games
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with Peer to Peer and Client-Server architectures and game state replication
- Experience solving/mitigating problems related to lag, packet loss, jitter, prediction and state replication
- Experience of prototyping and rapid iteration of features.
- Agile development experience.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for making games and solving technical problems.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Experience of developing for VR platforms with 6dof interactions
- Experience making shooting games with a focus on AI, combat and animation systems
- Experience of Unity Playables.
- Experience of Unity Cinemachine.
- Experience of Git and associated clients.
- Experience of Unity DOTS
- Experience of creating shaders and general graphics knowledge.
- Experience of mentoring and/or managing other programmers.
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga and nutritionally balanced snacks and health foods)
- Flexi-time working hours and up to 2 days working from home flexibility
- 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
- Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- A warm, modern office environment – tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
- Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
- And a chance to shape and grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys
Pixel Toys is a diverse, equal opportunities employer and believes strongly in maintaining an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We strive to provide an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and join in driving our joint success. Recruitment selection is based on skills, experience and a good Pixel Toys mission and values fit.