Role: Experienced/Senior Tools Programmer
Location: Leamington Spa
Pixel Toys is looking for an experienced/senior tools programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games with next-gen tools for games running on mobile devices.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting team at a critical time in the projects’ development and work to push the limits of the latest mobile and tablet hardware.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of areas of the game, and will be actively involved in working with other disciplines leads in setting standards and defining budgets. You will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most sophisticated and easy to use tools for game development and live-ops.
As a candidate for the experienced/senior tools programmer role, you are expected to have proven experience within a similar role, with broad experience working across a wide variety of systems, backend & frontend, clouds systems, distributed systems, CI/CD, dev-ops & live-ops for games on mobile devices.
Importantly you must also be self-motivated, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard.
You will also need a genuine passion for games.
What you will do:
- Gameplay architecture & incorporation of animation related programming.
- Gameplay prototyping and development.
- In-depth knowledge of all relevant game & animation systems on the front end.
- Ensuring a smooth user experience through all parts of the game.
- Ensuring code and feature quality and stability.
- Memory and frame-rate profiling and optimisation.
- Overall performance of the game.
- Mentoring and/or managing other members of the programming team.
What you need:
- 3+ years of professional experience working in games development.
- At least 1 shipped game.
- Experience with secure, scalable RESTful API design and development for mobile games.
- Professional C# programming experience.
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies.
- Experience in prototyping and rapid iteration of features.
- Agile development experience.
- A positive personality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for making games and solving technical problems.
What makes you exceptional:
- Solid knowledge of Unity.
- Cloud Platform Knowledge (Amazon Web Services preferable)
- Experience developing tools within a games development environment
- Experience in JS, Angular, Python, Groovy/Jenkins, Bash and other scripting languages.
- Experience in developing on iOS and knowledge of the Apple development ecosystem.
- Experience in developing on Android and knowledge of the Google development ecosystem.
- Experience of Git and associated clients.
Why Work for Us?
- work in a friendly and flexible environment
- help define the studio culture and values
- contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team-building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- relocation package for non-UK residents