Pixel Toys are looking for an Experienced or Senior Programmer to help us maintain, update and improve wonderful, entertaining games, with high-end graphics, built for mobile & VR platforms. You will have the opportunity to work in different areas of code on multiple platforms across a portfolio of highly rated games that have been downloaded by millions of players. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to support the teams create the most enjoyable games possible.
As a candidate for the Live Services Engineer role, you are expected to have worked within a similar role, with the ability to prioritise and execute on a variety of work. You will be responsible for a range of tasks across client, server and tools code, and be expected to be able to regularly jump into unfamiliar areas of code, understand them and determine and develop pragmatic solutions to user-facing issues.
You will work with community support / live ops and marketing developers to prioritise your work across the portfolio, both looking forwards to ensure continuity of service for our titles and also to respond to problems that arise in live service or marketing opportunities that present themselves.
There is the opportunity for the role to grow over time as our portfolio of tiles increases.
We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and a talent for supporting their peers and our customers and delivering quality code and solutions.
As part of our team, you will work with your peers to provide robust software solutions which span client, server and tools code. Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysing product owner requests to understand technical requirements.
- Reviewing technical requirements alongside existing product code and toolchains to determine the scope of work.
- Implement code solutions to solve user-facing problems, or to add features or improve functionality.
- Work on existing or develop new tools to facilitate live service operation by non-technical staff
- Drive projects to completion including fixing bugs and shipping updates to customers via Platform holder digital delivery systems (e.g. iOS, Google Play, Oculus Store, etc.)
- Maintain awareness of platform / first party changes and work to future proof live service titles so they can continue to operate effectively
- Suggesting improvements which would improve user experience or monetization
- Manage data and analytics hook up requests as required
We are interested in you if you have most or all of the following:
- Experience with developing and delivering live service updates
- Experience with client, server and tools code
- Good understanding of different platforms iOS, Android, PC, Oculus other
- Experience with Unity
- Proven experience in software engineering with experience shipping updates to customers.
- Experience with iOS, Google Play, Oculus platforms and portals
- Experience working with Unity
- A positive and outgoing personality
- The ability to work together in a team environment whilst being self-driven, proactive and focused
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with working on mobile, PC, or VR platforms
- Experience working with Jenkins
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga & nutritionally balanced
snacks and health foods)
- Flexi-time working hours
- 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
- Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- A warm, modern office environment – tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
- Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
- And a chance to shape and grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys