Role: Generalist/Gameplay Programmer
Pixel Toys are looking for a Generalist Programmer to help us work on one of our latest and most ambitious VR projects yet, you will be working within our world-class team working with our creative leads and the art team to take the vision for our games from concept to completion. In this work from home role, you will have the opportunity to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable game possible.
As a candidate for this role, you will have worked across a wide variety of game systems and have 3+ years of experience.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate and driven, who will contribute ideas, support the team and deliver at the highest standard.
- Building and improving general game systems including gameplay
- Implement animation, audio, and visual effect systems.
- Implement UI and gameflow solutions
- Creating usable tooling and pipelines to empower art and design teams.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of AI systems.
- Ensuring good clean project practices are maintained.
- Profiling and optimizing critical code.
- Promote usage of new Unity technologies where applicable.
- Perform code reviews and give feedback.
- Have ownership of a platform.
- Expert knowledge of Unity.
- Professional C# programming experience.
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies.
- Experience of prototyping and rapid iteration of features.
- Strong debugging experience.
- Agile development experience.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for making games and solving technical problems.
- Experience of working on larger projects.
- Experience of developing VR games or an active interest in VR
- Experience of developing real time networked projects.
- Experience of Git and associated clients.