Pixel Toys are looking for a generalist programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games, with high-end graphics, on a number of platforms. As an important member of the team, you will be responsible for working with the technical and creative leads to take the vision for our games from concept to completion. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable game possible.
As a candidate for this role, you are expected to have 3 or more years of professional experience, having worked across a wide variety of game systems. Importantly you must also be self-motivating, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard.
Subject to experience, the role may also involve being responsible for the day to day management and/or mentoring of members of the programming team, and as such you will be expected to show leadership, contribute ideas, identify project-wide risks and be a keen problem solver.
- Prototyping gameplay mechanics for review and iteration.
- Create gameplay systems suitable for automated testing.
- Implement animation, audio and visual effect systems.
- Work to deliver high quality miscellaneous game systems
- Contribute to the design and implementation of AI systems.
- Implement systems for cinematics and epic gameplay moments.
- Creating usable tooling and pipelines to empower art and design teams.
- Ensuring good clean project practices are maintained.
- Profiling and optimizing critical code.
- Promote usage of new Unity technologies where applicable.
- Perform code reviews and give feedback.
- Ideally 3 years of professional experience working in games development.
- At least 1 shipped game.
- Strong knowledge of Unity.
- Professional C# programming experience.
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies.
- Experience in prototyping and rapid iteration of features.
- Experience developing UI features.
- Agile development experience.
- A positive personality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for making games and solving technical problems.
- Strong maths skills.
We’ll be really pleased if you have:
- Experience developing VR projects
- Experience in developing touch control game mechanics.
- Experience in Unity Playables.
- Experience in Unity Cinemachine.
- Experience with Git and associated clients.
- Experience in creating shaders and general graphics knowledge.
- Experience in mentoring and/or managing other programmers.
- Experience in Unity DOTS
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga and nutritionally balanced snacks and health foods)
- Flexi-time working hours and up to 2 days working from home flexibility
- 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
- Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- A warm, modern office environment – tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
- Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
- And a chance to shape and grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys
Pixel Toys is a diverse, equal opportunities employer and believes strongly in maintaining an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We strive to provide an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and join in driving our joint success. Recruitment selection is based on skills, experience and a good Pixel Toys mission and values fit.