Pixel Toys is looking for a Graphics Programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games. This is an opportunity to join an exciting new developer at a critical time in the company’s development and work on titles that push the limits of the latest hardware. As a member of the Pixel Toys team, you’ll be responsible for working with the other department leads to take our games from concept to completion. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of areas of each game, and will be actively involved in working with other discipline’s leads in setting standards and defining budgets. You will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable and entertaining game possible. As a candidate for the graphics programmer role, you are expected to have strong knowledge and understanding of graphics technologies with proven experience within a similar role, with broad experience working across a wide variety of game systems. Importantly you must also be self-motivated, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard. Subject to experience, the role may also involve being responsible for the day to day management of members of the programming team, and as such you will be expected to show leadership, contribute ideas, identify project-wide risks and be a keen problem solver. You will also need a genuine passion for games.
- Graphics systems architecture.
- Rendering programming prototyping and development.
- Implementing shaders.
- Optimising graphics.
- Profiling and identification of performance bottlenecks and potential improvements
- Creating graphical budgets
- Delivering best-in-class graphical fidelity across a range of hardware
- Keeping our graphics technology modern and relevant
- Defining our art pipelines with technical art
- Ensuring a smooth user experience through all parts of the game
- Ensuring code and feature quality and stability
- Memory and frame-rate profiling and optimisation
- Mentoring and/or managing other members of the programming team
Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Experience
Ideally, you have most or all of the following:
- At least 3 years experience of games development
- At least 2 shipped games.
- A positive and outgoing personality
- Knowledge of Unity & the Rendering Sub Systems.
- Strong maths skills.
- Professional C# programming experience.
- Experience working with art pipelines
- A good eye for detail and a desire to push the boundaries of what is possible
- Good knowledge of modern game engines
- Excellent technical implementation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for playing and making games
- Experience mentoring and/or managing other programmers
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies
We’ll be really pleased if you have:
- C# or C++ programming experience
- Experience building prototypes and/or full games in Unity
- Experience building prototypes and/or full games in Unreal / UDK
- Experience developing on iOS
- Experience and/or training in agile development
- Experience with networking, multiplayer, and/or database systems
- Experience with tools development
Why Apply To Pixel Toys?
We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- work in a friendly and flexible environment
- help define the studio culture and values
- contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team-building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- relocation package for non-UK residents