Role: Lead Artist
Location: Leamington Spa
Type: Full-time Role
Pixel Toys is currently working on an exciting new IP for mobile devices which is being developed in our recently refurbished offices in leafy Leamington Spa (currently remote working). This new game will feature rich worlds, dynamic characters and vibrant effects, all of which will require concepting, world-building and asset creation. It is an original family-friendly, sci-fi action game, working with a massive household name publisher.
In order to deliver this, we are looking to recruit a talented, experienced and inspirational Lead Artist to head up our artists. We want people with fantastic original ideas, great leadership qualities, someone who can collaborate well and get the best out of their team.
A Lead Artist at Pixel Toys:
- Reports to the Project Director(s) and coordinates with studio leads on art objectives.
- Helps define the art style of the game and is responsible for its delivery through the art team.
- Leads the art team by making a significant and direct contribution to the creation of exceptional art.
- Sets quality benchmarks for the team and effectively communicates them.
- Proactively assists in defining art pipelines and best practices against industry benchmarks.
- Pro-actively explores new techniques and technologies to achieve the best possible results.
- Has experience of Unity development and how to maximise art budget through it.
- Has prior experience as a Principal / Lead with at least one shipped title to your credit at this level.
- Exceptional portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of ability and traditional drawing skills.
- Solid understanding of 2D/3D art packages; Maya/Max, Substance, Photoshop, ZBrush etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable time-management and organisational skills.
- Competitive salary
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga, nutritionally balanced
snacks and health foods)
- Flexi-time working hours
- 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
- Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- A warm, modern office environment – tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
- Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
- And a chance to shape and grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys
- Private Medical Insurance for yourself
- Free Parking pass (dependent on home location)
- And a chance to shape and grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys.
Pixel Toys is a diverse, equal opportunities employer and believes strongly in maintaining an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We strive to provide an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and join in driving our joint success. Recruitment selection is based on skills, experience and a good Pixel Toys mission and values fit.