Role: Lead Character Artist
Location: Leamington Spa
Type: Full-time Role
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced lead Character Artists to come aboard and make a difference. if the following sounds like you or reads like a role you’d love to get your teeth into, we’d love to hear from you.
- Hands-on artwork and team management responsibilities, leading the 3D art effort across the title, inspiring your team to produce and deliver world-class awesome artwork by example.
- Establish, develop and maintain the games artistic style and visual quality.
- Support the implementation of project art direction with other members of the team, and also gets stuck in with hands on work
- Work with other disciplines to establish and maintain the visual and technical guidelines, processes and standards.
- Ensure that all assets created by the art team and outsource studios conform to the style and technical guidelines of the title.
- Continually look for opportunities to innovate and improve the visual quality and game play experience – collaborating/pushing/leading artists – and the wider team where necessary
- Identify and raise any risks or issues as you find them to the Leadership Team
- Use experience and expertise to collaborate with the design team through production
- Line manage artists
- Effectively communicate at all levels, with the various teams on the project, reporting and managing day to day reviews and meetings.
- Be a champion for best practices for art with the team and wider business.
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures related to production.
- Work closely with the production dept to create schedules for the art and outsourcing studios.
- Feedback to outsource studios in an efficient and timely manner.
- Represent the company on a professional level to external parties at all times.
- 10+ years as a professional artist or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of art management experience
- Experience managing both internal and outsourced art teams and pipelines.
- Experience creating a range of 3D art styles.
- Proficient with standard industry tools like Maya, Z-Brush or Mudbox, and Photoshop, with a high capacity to learn new tools.
- Have effective analytical, written, oral, team, interpersonal, planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of current processes and techniques, including, 3D modeling, shaders, lighting, and composition.
- Have a passion for the industry and an understanding of market trends and styles.
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga & nutritionally balanced
snacks and health foods)
- Flexi-time working hours
- 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
- Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- A warm, modern office environment – tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
- Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
- And a chance to shape and grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys