Role: Lead Character Artist
Location: Leamington Spa
Type: Full-time Role
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced lead Character Artists to come aboard and make a difference. if the following sounds like you or reads like a role you’d love to get your teeth into, we’d love to hear from you.
- Hands-on artwork and team management responsibilities, leading the 3D art effort across the title, inspiring your team to produce and deliver world-class awesome artwork by example.
- Establish, develop and maintain the games artistic style and visual quality.
- Support the implementation of project art direction with other members of the team, and also gets stuck in with hands on work
- Work with other disciplines to establish and maintain the visual and technical guidelines, processes and standards.
- Ensure that all assets created by the art team and outsource studios conform to the style and technical guidelines of the title.
- Continually look for opportunities to innovate and improve the visual quality and game play experience – collaborating/pushing/leading artists – and the wider team where necessary
- Identify and raise any risks or issues as you find them to the Leadership Team
- Use experience and expertise to collaborate with the design team through production
- Line manage artists
- Effectively communicate at all levels, with the various teams on the project, reporting and managing day to day reviews and meetings.
- Be a champion for best practices for art with the team and wider business.
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures related to production.
- Work closely with the production dept to create schedules for the art and outsourcing studios.
- Feedback to outsource studios in an efficient and timely manner.
- Represent the company on a professional level to external parties at all times.
- 10+ years as a professional artist or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of art management experience
- Experience managing both internal and outsourced art teams and pipelines.
- Experience creating a range of 3D art styles.
- Proficient with standard industry tools like Maya, Z-Brush or Mudbox, and Photoshop, with a high capacity to learn new tools.
- Have effective analytical, written, oral, team, interpersonal, planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of current processes and techniques, including, 3D modeling, shaders, lighting, and composition.
- Have a passion for the industry and an understanding of market trends and styles.
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga & nutritionally balanced
snacks and health foods)
- Flexi-time working hours
- 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
- Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- A warm, modern office environment – tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
- Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
- And a chance to shape and grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys
Pixel Toys is a diverse, equal opportunities employer and believes strongly in maintaining an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We strive to provide an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and join in driving our joint success. Recruitment selection is based on skills, experience and a good Pixel Toys mission and values fit.