Role: Lead Designer
Location: Leamington Spa
Pixel Toys is looking for an exceptional Lead Designer to guide development of our original IP, a third-person action adventure game.
Do you have experience developing captivating gameplay and meta systems from the ground up? Are you passionate about delivering world-class entertainment and creating memorable characters and worlds beloved by players? Do you have experience leading and motivating teams?
If the answer is ‘yes’, then we’d love to hear from you. Simply fill out the form on our website, send us your CV and gameography.
What you will do:
- Be responsible for the overall game design and quality of our next-gen action game.
- Champion the game vision and player needs, ensuring all elements of the game design contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment.
- Proactively participate in the decision-making process and oversee iterative quality improvements to ensure that the game implementation meets expectations.
- Set priorities and tasks for the design team and ensure timely delivery to a high standard.
- Think forward, preparing solutions ahead of time and designing systems with a high degree of flexibility.
- Be responsible for providing clear and structured design documentation and ensuring this is understood by the team.
- Proactively communicate design information and updates to the wider team.
- Support the overall planning of the project.
- Foster collaborative working relationships with the other discipline leads.
- Own the playtesting process to help refine the quality of the experience for players.
What you need:
- Multiple years of game design experience in a leadership capacity.
- A strong passion and ambition for building incredible games and motivating teams.
- Experience working on high-end narrative action titles.
- Well versed in all areas of AAA game design.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (e.g. clear, open, convincing, and inspiring) .
- Unity experience (hands on implementation a plus).
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment.
What makes you exceptional:
- Experience building FPS games.
- Systems design and balancing experience.
- Level design skills.
- Unity scripting / C# skills.
- Ability to investigate and to introduce new techniques and methodologies.
Why Work for Us?
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga, nutritionally balanced
snacks and health foods)
- Flexi-time working hours
- 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
- Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- A warm, modern office environment – tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
- Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
- Private Medical Insurance for yourself
- Free Parking pass (dependent on home location)
- And a chance to shape, grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys