Pixel Toys is looking for an inspiring lead programmer with the skills and personality to lead a team of talented game programmers, working on one of our high profile, best in class games, to deliver one of the most entertaining, performant and best looking mobile games on the market.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting team at a critical time in the projects’ development and develop and manage a team to push the limits of quality & performance on the latest mobile and tablet hardware. You will work alongside other leads and directors to set best in class standards on every aspect of game development.
As a candidate for the lead programmer opening, you are expected to have proven experience within a similar role, with broad knowledge and experience working across a wide variety of technical challenges with a small or mid-sized technical team under your command. You will be in a pivotal position where you can help shape the technical parts of the games and support the team doing so.
We are looking for a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, someone who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and has a talent for supporting teams to deliver quality across the board. Importantly you must also be self-motivated, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to create games at the highest standards.
The ideal candidate has a strong passion for leading teams as well as creating games.
- Lead a technical team as part of a larger team on a project.
- Define technical quality standards for technical design and code within the team.
- Work with production and help define the technical roadmap for your team.
- Be a leader who inspires, motivates and guides your team.
- Help deliver the project on time, on quality and within budget.
- Strive for the improvement of everyone, including yourself.
- Give constructive feedback and be a role model to others on how to become better at everything you do.
- Have an open mind to change, looking back or sideways to ensure challenges can be dealt with.
- Ideally 5+ years of professional experience working in games development with at least 2+ years in a managerial role.
- Worked on at least one game from ideation to launch.
- Professional experience with Unity.
- Professional experience creating and releasing games for mobile devices (Android & iOS).
- Professional C# programming experience.
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies.
- Experience in prototyping and rapid iteration of features.
- Agile development experience.
- A positive personality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for making games and solving technical problems.
We’ll be pleased if you have:
- Experience in JS, Angular, Python, Bash and other scripting languages.
- Experience in Live Ops and Update Cycles of a released game.
- Experience with Git and associated clients.
- Experience with MVVM or MVC methodologies.
Why Apply To Pixel Toys
We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- work in a friendly and flexible environment
- help define the studio culture and values
- contribute your input and ideas to our games and all areas of our business
- be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
In addition, we will :
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team-building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- relocation package for non-UK residents