Pixel Toys is looking for an exceptional Lead UX Designer / Director to work in partnership with the senior leadership team on our next AAA mobile title.
Are you experienced in UX methods and committed to building incredible user experiences within a supportive team environment? Are you the person to help define our UX process and build a team dedicated to delivering world class entertainment; one that’s engaged with our players, researchers and publishing partner? Do you want to create captivating game experiences for our millions of players?
If the answer to all these things is ‘yes’, then we’d love to hear from you. Simply fill out the form on our website, send us your CV and any examples of your past work or portfolio.
What you will do:
- Drive UX excellence from within Pixel Toys and promote that process and thinking across the company
- Recruit, lead, motivate and mentor a team of UX experts
- Supporting in growing and mentoring the UX skills and capabilities of our developers
- Develop and maintain user centered design principles and methodologies as part of an overall UX process
- Integrate product and game design needs as well as producing excellent UX deliverables (such as flow diagrams, wireframes, etc.)
- Facilitate creation of prototypes for internal and external playtesting
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to translate designs into reality
- Seek out and leverage the insights of our partner’s research department to inform and validate your designs
- Use analytics to gain insights into player behaviour to help drive discussion, propose improvements, and steer product direction
What you need:
- Experience leading and motivating teams to exceed expectations
- Experience working on mobile games or applications
- Multiple years of experience delivering innovative results in mobile UX design (portfolio of relevant work)
- Extensive training in and knowledge of core UX principles and methods
- Strong eye for visual design. This is not an art position, but will require a keen sense of design
- Knowledge of standard UX design tools
- Familiarity with monetisation strategies for in-app purchases and free-to-play games.
- Ability to analyse and align around product KPI goals and translate them into actionable designs
What makes you exceptional:
- Experience working in mobile games UX design, having shipped multiple titles
- Motion design and animation experience
- Familiarity with Unity (implementation experience a plus)
- Experience working with distributed teams
Why Work for Us?
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Contributory Pension scheme
- In service Life Insurance
- Duvet days off, increasing with length of service
- An excellent office environment with free fruit
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly epic parties
- Beer Fridays every week
- Town centre location
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga & nutritionally balanced snacks)
- Private Medical Insurance for yourself
- Free Parking pass (dependent on home location)
- And a chance to shape and grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys