Pixel Toys are looking for a passionate Producer with the right attributes and attitude to join
us in building ground-breaking games people want to play.
With a strong understanding of agile development principles and project management, you’ll
help to steer exciting projects and drive innovative feature development.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing developer at an exciting time in the company’s
development and work on titles that push the limits of the latest mobile hardware.
Come and work in a flexible environment where you can add your ideas to the mix and help
create the most enjoyable and entertaining games possible.
As a member of the Pixel Toys production team you will need to have developed production
and Live Ops skills including;
● Work within multidisciplinary teams to develop features on time and within budget
● Identifying development impediments and finding solutions
● Work with outsource partners to ensure their work is on track and on budget
● Manage product backlogs and sprints, including:
- Tracking velocity and sprint capacity
- Resource balancing
- Identifying new tasks for current or future sprints
- Clarifying and expanding task descriptions
- Tracking development over time and reporting to Production
- Identifying and mitigating development risks
- Conducting sprint planning, review and retrospective meetings
- Coordination of daily stand-ups
- Accurately categorising issues as Epics, Stories, Tasks, Sub-tasks or Bugs
● Communicating with internal & external stakeholders
● Maintain project plans that utilise internal and external resources
● Work with Senior Management to identify potential additional staffing requirements
● Function as a key interdisciplinary point of contact for communication.
● Work to run, manage and track development Project Management.
● Create and track statements of work for external partners
JOB REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Ideally you will have most or all of the following:
● Proven project management skills with full product life-cycle dev experience
● Shipped a minimum of 1 title as a producer
● Bullet-proof grasp of Agile / SCRUM project management methodologies
● Roadmap creation and management
● Personable; great with people
● Excellent verbal and written communication with a keen eye for detail
● Passionate about games and free-to-play, enjoying a wide spectrum of games
● Able to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams, inspiring and leading them to
● Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills with a cool, calm approach
● Ability to summarise complex problems and present in a clear and concise way
● Willing to adapt and manage change
We’ll be really pleased if you have:
● Free-to-play game experience
● Strong experience of JIRA & Confluence
● Experience shipping Unity titles
● Experience developing on iOS & Android
● Qualifications in Agile game development
WHY APPLY TO PIXEL TOYS
Pixel Toys is an award-winning developer situated in the heart of the beautiful Regency town
of Leamington Spa.
The company works on games that are played and loved by millions of gamers across the
world, pushes what’s technically and visually possible on mobile and is creating pioneering
titles in the emerging VR space.
We are a growing company and recently moved into a new completely refurbished office in
the centre of Leamington Spa.
WE’LL GIVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
● Work in a flexible environment
● Help define the studio culture and values
● Create genre-leading, award winning titles
IN ADDITION WE WILL:
● Pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
● Provide pension, healthcare, and childcare schemes
● Commit to a great bonus scheme
● Provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team building events
● Commit to adding additional benefits as we grow