Role: Senior/ Principal Graphics Programmer
Location: Leamington Spa
Pixel Toys is looking for a senior/principal graphics programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games with next-gen graphics running on mobile devices.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting team at a critical time in the projects’ development and work to push the limits of the latest mobile and tablet hardware.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of areas of the game, and will be actively involved in working with other disciplines leads in setting standards and defining budgets. You will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable, most entertaining and visually best looking game possible.
As a candidate for the senior/principal graphics programmer role, you are expected to have proven experience within a similar role, with broad experience working across a wide variety of systems, rendering pipeline, shaders and optimizations for mobile devices.
Importantly you must also be self-motivated, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard. Subject to experience, the role may also involve being responsible for the day to day management of members of the graphics programming team, and as such you will be expected to show leadership, contribute ideas, identify project-wide risks and be a keen problem solver.
You will also need a genuine passion for games.
- Graphics systems architecture.
- Rendering programming prototyping and development.
- Implementing shaders.
- Optimizing graphics.
- Ensuring a smooth user experience through all parts of the game.
- Ensuring code and feature quality and stability.
- Memory and frame-rate profiling and optimisation.
- Mentoring and/or managing other members of the programming team.
What You Need:
- Ideally 5+ years of professional experience working in games development.
- At least 3 shipped games.
- Expert knowledge of Unity & the Rendering Sub Systems.
- Strong maths skills.
- Professional C# programming experience.
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies.
- Experience of game programming with a focus on rendering & graphics related work.
- Experience of prototyping and rapid iteration of features.
- Agile development experience.
- A positive personality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for making games and solving technical problems.
What Makes You Exceptional
- Experience of developing on iOS and knowledge of the Apple development ecosystem.
- Experience of developing on Android and knowledge of the Google development ecosystem.
- Experience of Unity DOTS
- Experience of Git and associated clients.
- Experience of mentoring and/or managing other programmers.
Why Work With Us
- Work in a friendly and flexible environment
- Help define the studio culture and values
- Contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- Be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team-building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- relocation package for non-UK residents