Role: Senior UI Artist
Location: Leamington Spa
Type: Full-time Roles
About the Role:
Pixel Toys are looking for a talented UI / HUD artist to help us create wonderful,
entertaining games, with high-end graphics, built for multiple platforms. As one of the
core members of the team you will be responsible for working with the creative leads
and the art team to take the vision for our games from concept to completion. In this
role you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your
own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable game possible.
As a candidate for the UI Artist role you are expected to have had experience within a
similar role, working on the implementation of both in game and front-end UI
systems. Consistency, clarity and flair are key and we’d love to see this in your work
throughout. We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an
excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and talent
for creating great UI.
We are ideally looking for someone who can take end-to-end responsibility for the
in-game and frontend UI and HUD of our games, and we realise that finding the right
candidate is important, so are willing to consider candidates with strong natural ability
who are willing to step up and take on additional responsibility over time.
We are currently using Unity so familiarity with it will be an advantage as a significant
portion of your work will be in Unity creating UI layouts based on your agreed
concepts: implementing the textures and fonts you have created, compositing
screens, linking screen flow and functionality, and liaising with the design and
programming team to ensure a high level of consistency and polish.
● First point of contact for the graphical design, creation and implementation of
the UI and HUD for all of our games, working with art leads and team to align
this with the overall game style guide.
● Creation of elements from initial concepts through to implementation of final
layouts in game.
● Managing platform-specific UI assets and screens, including optimising layout
● Font selection, style generation and management, for all languages.
● Working with the other team members to ensure the UI is consistent, polished
and meets the design brief.
● Working across UI HUD systems including:
○ Implement and manage all UI elements
○ Implementing frontend and in game UI screen layouts
○ Providing gameplay player feedback with HUD / UI elements
○ Implementing and polishing the user interface on an iterative basis
○ Creating and triggering UI effects
○ Prototyping new screens liaising with code and design
○ Ensuring a smooth clear and clean user experience through all parts of
● A passion for UI’s that are beautiful, clear and intuitive to use
● Strong graphic design and presentation skills
● Proven experience or an inclination and ability to learn technical UI
● Experience with Photoshop / Illustrator/ After Effects
● Experience designing and creating UI layout and flow concepts
● A positive ‘can do’ attitude
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● A passion for playing and making games
● Good knowledge of modern game engines
● Unity UI (design and/or setup) experience
● Excellent technical implementation skills
● Experience creating and editing fonts
● Experience working in a 3D package
● Animation skills
● Experience creating concepts
● Experience creating effects
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga & nutritionally balanced
snacks and health foods)
- Flexi-time working hours
- 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
- Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- A warm, modern office environment – tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
- Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
- And a chance to shape and grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys
Pixel Toys is a diverse, equal opportunities employer and believes strongly in maintaining an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We strive to provide an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and join in driving our joint success. Recruitment selection is based on skills, experience and a good Pixel Toys mission and values fit.