As a Technical Animator you will be working closely with and supporting our animators on a day to day basis. You will be able to communicate well, solving problems autonomously and collaborating with the team to develop new features, processes and pipelines. The role will require; writing tools, creating best practices for the skinning and rigging of meshes and implementing animations in engine.
Our ideal candidate understands the principles of animation and will be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of rigging and animation systems. You will play a key role in developing our internal animation pipeline and increasing the quality bar of our future titles.
The role requires:
- You are able to create rigs for characters and props for various styles (realistic, cartoony)
- Are fully proficient in 3D animation software (e.g. Maya, MotionBuilder) with a deep technical focus on rigging, skinning and animation tools
- Experienced in working with and/or creating animation tools and scripts (Python, MEL)
- Have great knowledge of anatomy and best practices for character topology
- Are knowledgeable of game development workflows and game engine implementation.
- Have strong self-management skills
- Are passionate about games and animation
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills
It would be great if you have:
- Experience as a Technical Animator on at least 2 completed projects
- Are experienced with Motion Capture processes and pipelines
- Have experience of creating facial rigs in game development workflows
- Are knowledgeable of procedural animation workflows
- Have experience with cloth, muscles, dynamics and integrating them in to games
- Experienced with C# / Unity Editor Scripts
Why Work for Us?
- Contributory Pension scheme
- An excellent office environment with free fruit
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly epic parties
- Beer Fridays every week
- Town centre location
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga & nutritionally balanced snacks
- Private Medical Insurance for yourself
- Free Parking pass (dependent on home location)
- And a chance to shape and grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys.