Pixel Toys is looking for a technical director to help us develop, launch and manage a market leading, best in class, next generation mobile game.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting team at an important time in the project’s development. You will have the opportunity to lead the technology team as they push the limits of quality and performance on the latest mobile and tablet hardware and you will work alongside the creative discipline directors, driving best in class standards on every aspect of game development. Together you will launch an exceptional game for players and define and set up the management of the live game service using best of breed technology and support from Scopely, one of the industry’s fastest growing success stories in this space.
As a candidate for the technical director opening, you are expected to have proven experience within a similar role, with broad knowledge and experience working across a wide variety of technical areas, solving challenges with a mid-sized or large technical team under your command. You should be confident in hiring and developing engineering talent, and working with internal and external stakeholders to manage all aspects of technology development and live service operations.
We are looking for a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, someone who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and has a talent for leading and supporting teams to deliver quality across the board. Importantly you must also be self-motivated, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to create games at the highest standards.
- Inspire, motivate and develop a large technical team including principal and lead engineers.
- Ensure quality engineering design and implementation for all game features across the game technology stack.
- Work with the production and technical teams to manage the technology roadmap and ensure on-time delivery.
- Ensure delivery of a Best In Class 3D mobile action experience, with high visual fidelity on the latest hardware and comprehensive support for scalability.
- Manage engineering best practices including automated testing to ensure code quality and performance across a broad range of devices.
- Oversee implementation of Best in Class toolchains, analytics and data-driven systems enabling stable, efficient and responsive live service operations.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to optimise use of and further develop middleware technologies including Unity and Scopely’s PlayGami technology stack.
- Manage the structure and responsibilities for the technical team as the project moves through development to live services phases.
- Ensure release / devops procedures support robust live service operations with regular release cadence.
- Extensive professional technical leadership experience in games development with a proven record of successfully leading technical teams who deliver.
- Leadership responsibility on covering life-cycles from development through launch and live service operations.
- Excellent understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies.
- Agile development experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for making Best in Class games and solving technical problems.
We’ll be pleased if you have:
- Professional experience with Unity.
- Experience in JS, Angular, Python, Bash and other scripting languages.
- Experience in developing on iOS and knowledge of the Apple development ecosystem.
- Experience in developing on Android and knowledge of the Google development ecosystem.
- Experience of Git and associated clients.
Why Apply To Pixel Toys
We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- Lead the technical team launching a Best In Class top tier
- work in a friendly and flexible environment
- contribute your input and ideas to our games and all areas of our business
- be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- offer share options and bonuses
- provide regular social activities as well as wellness and team-building events
- relocation package for non-UK residents