Pixel Toys are looking for a Test & Automation Programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games, with high-end graphics, built for mobile platforms. The role is key to the team as you will be developing & supporting key systems across both client and server codebases which will be enabling automated testing and product analysis. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to support the teams create the most enjoyable games possible.
As a candidate for the Test & Automation Programmer role, you are expected to have experience within a similar role or worked in tools programming, with the ability to prioritise and execute on a variety of work. You will be responsible for planning and architecting code and data systems that span back end servers, client code, CI systems and test environments.
There is the opportunity for the role to grow over time as our teams scale up and you will be in a key role where you can help shape the architecture, the selection of services we use and components we choose to build alongside them to support our games.
The ideal candidate has experiences in and the ability to use:
- Experience with developing and delivering automated tests.
- Interfacing with 3rd party test and analytics environments
- Wide range of knowledge for understanding test & automation systems.
We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and a talent for supporting teams and delivering quality code and systems.
As part of our technology team, you will work with team leads to provide robust software solutions which span client, server code & tools to enable teams to deliver great online multiplayer games with best in class social integrations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be involved in creating technical designs for the test & automation systems.
- Help to choose 3rd party tools & systems to enable and amplify automated testing.
- Working with all teams to ensure they build systems that interface with automated testing appropriately.
- Writing robust, easy to read code solutions for sharing technologies within Pixel Toys.
- Help to develop extendable & reusable code for testing systems.
Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Experience
Ideally, you have most or all of the following:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in software engineering with a focus on test & automation engineering.
- A good understanding of game architecture, unit tests, functional testing and mobile testing.
- A positive and outgoing personality
- The ability to work together in a team environment and being self-driven, proactive and focused
- A passion for playing and making games
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
And we’ll be really pleased if you have:
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience with iOS, Android, Facebook and other Platform / Social APIs
- Experience setting up and maintaining AWS systems
- Experience building systems with GameSparks
Why Apply To Pixel Toys?
We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- work in a friendly and flexible environment
- help define the studio culture and values
- contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team-building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- relocation package for non-UK residents