Role: Tools Programmer
Location: Leamington Spa
Type: Full-time Role
Pixel Toys are looking for a Tools Programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games, with high-end graphics, built for multiple gaming platforms. The role is key to the team as you will be developing tools to help us accelerate productivity and ensure product robustness. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to support the teams create the most enjoyable games possible.
As a candidate for the Tools Programmer role, you are expected to have proven experience within a similar role, with the ability to prioritise and execute a variety of work. You will be responsible for planning and architecting code and data systems that span the entire code base.
There is the opportunity for the role to grow over time as our teams scale up the use of tools in our games and development environment, and you will be in a key role where you can help shape the systems design, selection of services, the architecture and components we choose to build alongside them to support our games.
The ideal candidate has experiences in and the ability to use:
- Experience with developing and delivering tools to support game development.
- Experience in writing and reviewing code in C#, python, java and other languages.
- Knowledge of Unity, it’s Editor UI and core systems.
- Continuous integration.
We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and a talent for supporting teams and delivering quality code and systems.
As part of our tools team, you will work with team leads to provide robust software solutions which span any area of code to enable teams to deliver great online multiplayer games with best in class social integrations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the projects and implement the key core tools used in current and future titles.
- Work on tooling for artists, coders and designers to improve workflow.
- Maintenance and implementation of our continuous integration pipeline.
- Implement and drive testing of key game features from both a functionality and authoring perspective.
- Separate project-specific code from generic code and make it available to all projects.
- Make third party integrations a part of the core repository and help to modularize them.
- Contribute to improving code quality.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in software engineering with a focus on tools and tech programming.
- A good understanding of Unity and how to write tools within Unity.
- A solid understanding of Jenkins or similar systems.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- The ability to work together in a team environment and being self-driven, proactive and focused.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid graphics knowledge, from shaders to animation.
- Experience with iOS and console platforms.
- Experience working on core technologies which are shared between projects.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Version Control.
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga & nutritionally balanced
snacks and health foods)
- Flexi-time working hours
- 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
- Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- A warm, modern office environment – tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
- Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
- And a chance to shape and grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys
Pixel Toys is a diverse, equal opportunities employer and believes strongly in maintaining an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We strive to provide an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and join in driving our joint success. Recruitment selection is based on skills, experience and a good Pixel Toys mission and values fit.