Pixel Toys are looking for a Tools Programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games, with high-end graphics, built for mobile platforms. The role is key to the team as you will be developing key systems across both client and server codebases, in order to support and provide engaging social and multiplayer experiences in our games. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to support the teams create the most enjoyable games possible.
As a candidate for the Tools Programmer role, you are expected to have proven experience within a similar role, with the ability to prioritise and execute on a variety of work. You will be responsible for planning and architecting code and data systems that span the entire code base.
There is the opportunity for the role to grow over time as our teams scale up the use of tools in our games and development environment, and you will be in a key role where you can help shape the systems design, selection of services, the architecture and components we choose to build alongside them to support our games.
The ideal candidate has experiences in and the ability to use:
- Experience with developing and delivering tools to support game development.
- Experience in writing and reviewing code in C#, python, java and other languages.
- Knowledge of Unity, it’s Editor UI and core systems.
We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and a talent for supporting teams and delivering quality code and systems.
As part of our tools team, you will work with team leads to provide robust software solutions which span any area of code to enable teams to deliver great online multiplayer games with best in class social integrations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the projects and implement the key core systems used in current and future titles.
- Work on tooling for artists, coders & designers to improve workflow.
- Separate project-specific code from generic code and make it available to all projects.
- Make third party integrations a part of the core repository and help to modularize them.
- Contribute to improving code quality.
Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Experience
We are interested in you if you have most or all of the following:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in software engineering with a focus on tools and tech programming.
- A good understanding of Unity and how to write tools within Unity.
- A positive and outgoing personality.
- The ability to work together in a team environment and being self-driven, proactive and focused.
- A passion for playing and making games.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
And we’ll be really pleased if you have:
- Experience with iOS, Android and mobile platforms.
- Experience working on core technologies which are shared between projects.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Version Control.
Why Apply To Pixel Toys?
We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- work in a friendly and flexible environment
- help define the studio culture and values
- contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team-building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- relocation package for non-UK residents