Job Title: UX Designer
Reporting to: Design Director
Location: Leamington Spa
Pixel Toys is looking for an exceptional UX designer to join our office in Leamington Spa. In your role you will collaborate with product managers, game designers, artists, and engineers to create captivating game experiences for our millions of players!
This is a key hire to help us build the company’s next portfolio of successful mobile games (with a focus on slick and delightful user experiences). We need multiple UX Designers that “live breath and eat” mobile games, and in particular, mobile RPGs and match-3 puzzle titles. We’re very keen to talk to anyone that’s worked on / made significant contributions to the above genres (successful games), but it’s not vital. Being an avid player of these games, however, and a decent portfolio showcasing the breadth of their UX knowledge/skills, will go a long way!
● Drive UX excellence from within Pixel Toys and communicate that process and thinking to the team
● Own your UX process, integrating product and game design needs as well as producing excellent UX deliverables (such as flow diagrams, wireframes, etc.)
● Facilitate creation of prototypes for internal and external playtesting
● Collaborate with artists and engineers to translate designs into reality
● Seek out and leverage the insights of our partner’s research department to inform and validate your designs
● Use analytics to gain insights into player behaviour to help drive discussion, propose improvements, and steer product direction
● Experience working on mobile games or applications
● Multiple years of experience delivering innovative results in mobile UX design (portfolio of relevant work)
● Extensive training in and knowledge of core UX principles and methods
● Strong eye for visual design. This is not an art position, but will require a keen sense of design
● Knowledge of standard UX design tools
● Familiarity with monetisation strategies for in-app purchases and free-to-play games.
● Ability to analyse and align around product KPI goals and translate them into actionable designs
What Makes You Exceptional:
● Experience working in mobile games UX design, having shipped multiple titles
● Motion design and animation experience
● Familiarity with Unity
● Experience working with distributed teams
Why Work For Us?
● Competitive salary, reviewed annually
● Contributory Pension scheme
● In service Life Insurance
● Duvet days off, increasing with length of service
● An excellent office environment with free fruit
● Monthly socials and twice-yearly epic parties
● Beer Fridays every week
● Town centre location
● Staff training and development
● Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga & nutritionally balanced snacks)
● Private Medical Insurance for yourself
● Free Parking pass (dependent on home location)
● And a chance to shape and grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys.